Thank you for your interest in applying to Seton Hall University. Admission to Seton Hall is as personalized as the education you will receive here. We take a holistic approach to evaluating your application by reviewing many factors such as high school performance, standardized test scores, personal recommendations and your essay.
Applying to Seton Hall is easy. To apply to Seton Hall, just complete the following four steps:
- Complete and submit an online application to Seton Hall and pay your $55 application fee. Choose one application type:
- Request the Counselor Report form and your official High School transcript be sent to Seton Hall University. You can request these documents be sent electronically through Parchment Exchange or the Seton Hall Application, or sent by mail to Office of Admissions, 400 South Orange Ave, South Orange, NJ 07079.
- Have the results of your standardized test (SAT or ACT) reported electronically to the Office of University Admission by the College Board or ACT.
- Have a teacher or mentor submit the Teacher Evaluation form online through our online application or mail us a paper letter of recommendation.
- Early Action I (non-binding): November 15
- Early Action II (non-binding): December 15
- Regular Decision I: February 1
- Regular Decision II: March 1
Spring Semester: December 1
Each application received at Seton Hall is evaluated on an individual basis. Grades and test scores are given primary importance; curriculum, essay, references and activities outside the classroom are also considered in the review process.
Freshman Application Profile
- Average GPA: 3.4
- Average SAT: 1100: (middle 50%: 1000-1200)
- Average ACT: 24
Priority review is given to early action candidates. All Early Action I applicants with completed applications on file can expect to receive a response by December 30 and all Early Action II applications can expect to receive a response by the end of January. In general, all completed applications should expect a response within 4 to 6 weeks.
If you have any questions about your application, don't hesitate to give us a call.